Are you thinking about buying a travel trailer? There are so many decisions to make.
* Do you want a new or used trailer?
* Is this going to be a cash purchase or financed?
* What are you willing to spend?
* Should you get a 5th wheel, toy hauler or tongue pull travel trailer?
* What manufacturer are you interested in?
* What floor plan is best for your requirements?
If you are undecided, you should start out by considering the pros and the cons of buying used vs. buying new. Take your time when buying your travel trailer. Do your research and avoid spontaneous buys.
PROS of Buying a Used Travel Trailer
* More Bang for Your Buck. A used travel trailer will hold it’s worth longer than a new trailer. A used trailer is the way to go if you are on a looking to save money or don’t want to be stuck with making payments for 10 years. You could get a used 252 with all the bells and whistles cheaper than a NEW 202 plain jane travel trailer.
* Do Your Research. Visit travel trailer forums and read what owners are saying about particular travel trailers, both good and bad, this information could save you a bunch of future headaches. Remember the greater part of travel trailers that are purchased new rarely see any camping action, a large amount of trailers are either put in storage or parked at peoples houses. Its not unregular to find a used travel trailer in showroom condition, even older travel trailers from the 70’s can be found in great condition.
* Second-hand travel trailers hold their value! If you get a good quality bargain on a used travel trailer and decide to sell it a few years later you have a great chance of getting all your money back.
CONS of Purchasing a Used Travel
* Potential Problems. Buying a used travel trailer is a bit of a gamble, there could be minor problems or major problems and if you are lucky – no problems with the trailer. In most cases the warranty will have long ago expired, so expenses will be out of your pocket. Do your homework right so problems won’t be a surprise.
* Elbow Grease. You will need to give your new used trailer a good cleaning, no matter what condition it’s in.
* Less selection of ideal floor plans. Floor plans are limited by what’s currently for sale.
PROS of Buying a New Travel Trailer
* Nice & Sparkling. It’s new, fresh and all yours!
* Warranty. If there are problems, take the trailer back to your dealer and they’ll have to repair them for free!
* Maintenance Free. You do not have to be bothered with purchasing new tires, new battery, or any other part for at least a year or until the warranty has expired.
* Floor Plans. Lots of floor plans and interior colors to choose from.
CONS of Buying …Read more